Skip to main content

Let's go Digital! Interactive Notebooks with NO paper!

As you may have heard I'm moving up from first grade to SIXTH grade. I'll be teaching Media Literacy and Video Production. Yup. No more primary for me :(

I'm a little sad, but also a little excited! I'm sure as the school year moves closer I'll be MORE excited! Stay tuned for the middle of July!

For the time being, I'm going to share with you an activity I've been working on. I LOVE interactive notebooks. However, they take up a lot of time and a lot of paper and a lot of glue. I've got to spend lots of days training my firsties on how to properly cut and paste the activities in their notebooks.



This activity is one that I've had in my paper interactive notebooks for awhile, but I've moved it to a digital platform!

Check it out: 

There are letter tiles off to the side that the students click and drag to build short a words. After building a word, they type the word in the table, drag the letters back, and do it again. When they are finished, I've included instructions on how to share the activity with me. 

I've spent a few weeks at the beginning of the school year training my students on how to use Google. How to sign in, how to create docs or slides or drawings, how to share things with me, etc. We've practiced dragging, clicking, typing, inserting, etc. 

Now, your students won't necessarily need to share the finished activity with you or maybe they all have their own Google accounts or you are using Google Classroom. That's great! They can all get their own copy through Classroom or you can email to their account and they can save their file in their Drive. If not, just have them log in under your Gmail and type their name on their own copy. 

I've got short a, e, i, o, and u slides. The kids have an interactive experience, practice a skill, and have fun while doing it! The best part? I didn't have to make copies or clean up a mess!

All you need is a computer, Internet access, and a free Google account. 



You can grab your own copy of this activity {HERE}. It will prompt you to make a copy first. Sometimes on Macs, you may have to go to File>Make a Copy afterwards. I'm not sure of this kink, but I am sure that Google is most likely working on it. 

What do you think? I'm working on some more digital interactive notebooks which will be in my TpT store sometime this summer. 
Here is a peek: 





Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suka Duka Menjadi Anak Yang Lahir Dan Besar Di Kampung

Ya ini postingan pertama saya, yang berjudul "Suka Duka Menjadi Anak Yang Lahir Dan Besar Di Kampung"   [ilustrasi suka duka] Nama saya : Rusliana  Nama Panggilan : Boled , Rusli, Yana, Boski, Dll :)  Tempat TL : Ciamis,01 maret 2000 Saya rasa sudah cukup perkenalan dari saya.    Saya lahir di kampung yang bernama SindangJaya yang terletak di desa neglasari, kecamatan pamarican, kabupaten ciamis, Jawa Barat. Saya mempunya 1 adik dan satu kakak, gak enak banget jadi anak yang tengah-tengah berasa "Kejepit" Ya kejepit di dalam segala hal, mulai dari makanan, uang jajan, sama perhatiannya. Udah lah tinggalin tulisan saya di atas, karena ya emang gak penting, hehehe Kembali ke judul postingan ini yaitu "Suka Duka Menjadi Anak Yang Lahir Dan Besar Di Kampung" Hidup di kampung ya ada Suka nya Ada pula Duka nya, dan lebih banyak dukanya.Besar di perkampungan yang jauh dari teknologi memang berat menurut saya,kita jadi tertinggal oleh orang y...

These are a Few of My Favorite Things! {Day 3 Launch}

Hello friends! Thanks for joining me for day 3 of my blog launch! I hope you have been enjoying the posts each day and have been entering the rafflecopters! Today, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things! I'm also giving away a $75 Teachers Pay Teachers Gift Card so you can buy a few of YOUR favorite teaching things! COFFEE IS MY MOST FAVORITE THING EVER.  I also love anything mango flavored. Smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, fruit, etc. All of it.  My most favorite color is pink! I've been known to buy things just because they were pink.  Wine and I have a nice relationship. Especially reds.   Did someone say glitter? Yes, I love glitter. No matter the question, the answer is always glitter.  And of course, technology. I love technology! Except when it doesn't work, then I don't like it so much.  I am also a Google Certified Educator! I love all things Google and I am excited to bring my class this year completely paperless!  The district has...

Cara Memasang Custom Domain Ke Blogspot

Kamu pengguna Blogspot tapi bingung cara mengarahkan domain ke Blogspot? Pertama-tama, Login ke Client Area kamu https://billing.exabytes.co.id/clientarea.php Langkah 1. Login ke Client Area Klik “Manage DNS”: Langkah 2. Manage DNS Klik “Add Zone”: Langkah 3. Add New Zone Masukkan domain kamu disini. Biarkan IP tetap “Default IP” dan klik “Add Zone”: Langkah 4. Tambahkan New Zone Baru Klik gambar pensil untuk “Edit Zone”: Langkah 5. Edit Zone Hapus 2 Record (dengan meng-klik icon Tong Sampah) yg isinya: NAME nya adalah domain yang kamu beli, TYPE nya “A” dan RDATA nya adalah angka (IP Address default). NAME nya mengandung “www” dan isi TYPE nya “CNAME”. Hapus Record WWW Login Ke Blogspot Kamu Untuk Mendapatkan CNAME.  Caranya, klik   Settings > Basic > Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog Langkah 7. Login ke Blogspot untuk mendapatkan 2 CNAME Kemudian kembali ke Client Area dan masukkan 2 CNAME diatas ke Record yang ada di DNS Mana...